Remember those two sad little lamps I picked up at the Moving-On sale? They’ve had a face lift!
This one is my favourite, and I think the cover worked well. I have realised that the only way to get a crochet cover looking professional is to dc along the top and bottom rings of the frame, so I just have to deal with that. I used colour ‘sand’ in Vinni’s cotton DK and a 4mm hook. It may get a flower or two, it may not. And I’ll have to do something about the sad little stand, but that’s for another day.
Here is the second shade. Please don’t laugh. I’d like to remind you that I am experimenting here.
This frame is straight up and down so I thought it could take a bit of fun. I decided to try a bit of a fringe look, and found this great edging in a book of Rowan Yarn cashmere patterns:
I think it is perhaps a bit overpowering for my little shade and maybe something less self-conscious would have worked better, but whatever – at least I know now how to do it, and it might work really well on something else.
I have asked Zenzo to make me a wire lampshade similar to the second one above but with a more A-line shape. And as the sun is shining today here in the southern suburbs of Cape Town, that means he and Godfrey will be occupying their pavement spot (they can’t work when it rains), so I’ll be on my way down the road just now.
Have a great Monday, everyone.
To be continued…